Ignou Solved Assignment for MEC-109: Research Methods in Economics
|Service Type||Solved Assignment|
|Short Name or Subject Code||MEC-109: RESEARCH METHODS IN ECONOMICS|
|Product||MA(Economics) of Solved Assignment (IGNOU)|
Click to view price
1. What are the aims of science as a cognitive enterprise? Discuss the characteristics of positivist philosophy as knowledge seeking activity. In what sense this approach is scientific, rational and progressive?
2. What is the distinction between quantitative research and qualitative research? Give an account of various tools and techniques used in collection and analysis of qualitative data under participatory method.
3. What do you mean by the term ‘research process’? Explain the various steps involved in carrying out research in social sciences.
4. Explain how research design is a logical rather than logistical exercise?
5. State the various functional forms of Regression Model. In estimation of growth rate of a county, which form of regression model would you like to apply? Give illustration.
6. What is cluster analysis? Explain the various approaches followed in cluster analysis.
7. Which relationships are depicted in input output tables? How are these tables useful in research work?