Ignou Solved Assignment For BRL - 11 Course Title : Retail Operations and store Management - II
|Service Type||Solved Assignment|
|Short Name or Subject Code||BRL - 11 Course Title : Retail Operations and store Management - II|
|Product||B.B.A of Solved Assignment (IGNOU)|
Click to view price
Attempt all the questions
(A)Short Answer type Questions
1. “Probably with the success of an isolated store, many others want to open stores selling similar product lines to cash in on the shoppers flow into the area”. Explain.
2. “Community shopping centre usually offers moderate assortment of shopping and convenience goods and services to consumers from the nearby residential areas”. Explain and Elucidate.
3. How do demographics, life – style and stages in life – cycle influence consumer’s decision making?
4. Distinguish between the following :
(a) Merchandise Planning and Unit stock Planning
(b) Retailer’s advertising strategy and manufacturer’s advertising strategy
(c) Advertisement and Personal selling
(d) On pricing and flexible pricing policy
5. Write short notes on the following :
(a) Store Image
(b) Consumer Pyramid
(c) Merchandise Plan
(d) Customer retention
6. Briefly comment on the following :
(a) Balance sheet represents the corporate strength of the retail business.
(b) Companies provide incentives based on achievement of financial targets.
(c) Management has to take into consideration the characteristics of the category in terms of its attributes.
(d) Inventory management is the heart of store operations.
7. Explain the Balanced score card perspectives with references to a retail business, taking atleast two perspectives as example.
(B) Essay type Questions
8. What is Financial leverage? Explain the same with suitable examples extracted from retail business.
9. Which are the sales promotion objectives? Explain the advantages and disadvantages of the same.