EPS-03: MODERN INDIAN POLITICAL THOUGHT TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: EPS –03
Assignment Code: Asst /TMA /2017-18
Total Marks: 100
Answer all questions. Try to answer in your own words.
A) DCQ: Answer the following in about 500 words each. 2x20
- Discuss the British colonial intervention in India’s polity in the early 19th
Write an essay on the advent and evolution of Socialism in colonial India.
- Examine political liberalism in 19th century India.
Discuss M.G. Ranade’s views on social reforms.
B) MCQ: Answer the following in about 250 words each. 4x12
- Discuss Bhagat Singh’s ideology.
Examine the Positive Programme of political action of Sri Aurobindo.
- Examine E.V. Ramaswami Naicker’s role in the Self –Respect Movement of 1925.
Write a note on Dr. B. R. Ambedker’s views on social and economic democracy.
- Write a note on the objective conditions for the rise of the socialist movement in India.
Examine Jawaharlal Nehru’s views on socialism.
- Examine the various dimensions of Swaraj.
What was Gandhi’s concept of Satyagraha? Explain.
C) SCQ: Answer the following in about 100 words each. 2x6
- What was Lohiya’s intellectual context? Elaborate.
Formation of the Communist Party of India.
- Marxist thought in post- independence India.
M.N. Roy’s critique of Marxism.