BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMME
ELECTIVE COURSE IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
BPAE-104 (Personnel Administration)
For July 2017 and January 2018 Sessions
SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY MAIDAN GARHI, NEW DELHI – 110 068
BACHELOR’S DEGREE PROGRAMME (BDP)
ELECTIVE COURSES IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
As per laid down guidelines of the University, you have to complete one assignment for each course opted by you.
Each assignment has questions to be answered in 500 words, 250 words, and 100 words. You will find that the questions in the assignments are analytical and descriptive so that you can better understand and comprehend the concepts.
It is important that you write the answers to all the questions in your own words. Your answers should be within the approximate range of the word-limit set for each question. Remember, writing answers to assignment questions will improve your writing skills and prepare you for the term-end examination.
You are to submit the assignment/s to the Coordinator of your Study Centre. You must obtain a receipt from the Study Centre for the assignment/s submitted and retain it with you. It is desirable to keep with you a photocopy of the assignment/s submitted by you.
Once evaluated, the Study Centre will return the assignment/s to you. Please insist on this. The Study Centre will send the marks to the SE Division at IGNOU, New Delhi.
You need to submit the assignment as mentioned below for being eligible to appear in the termend examination:
March 31, 2018 for July 2017 Batch
September 30, 2018 for January 2018 Batch
Guidelines for Doing Assignments
We expect you to answer each question as per instructions in the assignment. You will find it useful to keep the following points in mind:
- Planning: Read the assignments carefully, go through the Units on which they are based. Make some points regarding each question and then rearrange them in a logical order.
- Organisation: Be a little selective and analytical before drawing up a rough outline of your answer. Give adequate attention to question’s introduction and conclusion.
Make sure that:
- The answer is logical and coherent,
- It has clear connections between sentences and paragraphs,
- The presentation is correct in your own expression and style.
- Presentation: Once you are satisfied with your answer, you can write down the final version for submission. It is mandatory to write all assignments neatly in your own handwriting. If you so desire, you may underlining the points you wish to emphasize. Make sure that the answer is within the stipulated word limit.
Wishing you all the best
BPAE -104: PERSONNEL ADMINISTRATION
(TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT)
Course code: BPAE-104 Assignment Code: BPAE-104/ASST/TMA/2017-18
There are three Sections in the Assignment. You have to answer all questions in the Sections.
SECTION - I
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
- Define promotion and describe the promotion system in India. 20
- Write a note on incentives and other benefits that are available to public servants. 20
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
- Discuss the meaning of personnel administration. 12
- What is a Moderation Board? 12
- Elaborate the civil rights of the civil servants. 12
- Explain the types of classification of services. 12
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
- Discuss foundational training. 6
- Enlist the various methods of testing merit for recruitment. 6