Modern Europe Mid-18th to Mid-20th Centuries
Course Code: EHI-07/BHIE-107
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2017-18
Total Marks: 100 Note: All questions are compulsory.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words.
- Discuss the factors that led to the revolution in France in 1789.
What made England to become the first Industrial nation? 20
- Write a note on the condition of peasants and workers in modern Europe.
How would you explain the rise of Fascism in Germany? What was the nature of German Fascism? 20
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words.
- Discuss the development of nationalism and nation-states in modern Europe.
Discuss the contribution of enlightenment thinkers in Europe. 12
- How did industrialization come in Germany?
Write in brief about impact of industrialization on urban growth. 12
- How did women challenge the traditional role thrust upon them by society?
Write a brief note on cultural background of Italian nationalism. 12
- What was the link between Christian missionaries and Imperialism?
Discuss in brief the cultural changes following the Second World War. 12
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
- Write short notes on any two of the following: 6 + 6
- The July Revolution in France
- Concern for Health