EPS-009: COMPARATIVE GOVERNMET AND POLITICS
Course Code: EPS-09
Assignment Code: EPS-09/AST/TMA/2017-18
Answer questions in each category. Answer in your own words.
A) DCQ: Answer any two of the following in about 500 words each. 20x2
1. Describe the usefulness and limitations of the Political Economy approach in the study of Comparative Politics.
2. Globalisation has eroded the sovereignty of state both externally and internally. Comment.
3. Briefly describe the ideology and social bases of nationalism in Asia and Africa.
4. Trace the evolution and features of China’s development strategy since the revolution of 1949.
B) MCQ: Answer any four of the following in about 250 words each 12x4
5. Examine the nature of peasant movements in the era of globalisation.
6. Examine the features of the republican form of government bringing out its distinction from democratic government.
7. Explain the differences between democratic rights and human rights.
8. What do you understand by the classical capitalist model of development?
9. Distinguish between authoritarian and totalitarian regimes.
10. Describe the review function of the judiciary in India and the United States.
11. Comment on the role of pressure groups in India and the United States.
12. Analyse Women’s movements in the non-western context.
C) SCQ: Write a short note on any two of the following in about 50 words each 6x2
i) Foucault on power.
ii) Essential features of federalism.
iii) UN Declaration of Human Rights
iv) Die Grunen (Greens) in Germany