COURSE: GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS IN EAST AND SOUTH-EAST
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: EPS –06
Assignment Code: Asst /TMA /2017-2018
Total Marks: 100
Answer all questions. Try to answer in your own words.
A) DCQ: Answer the following in about 500 words each. 2x20
1. Write an essay on the political traditions of East Asia (Korea and Japan).
on the immigration of the Chinese in South-East Asia in the 19the century.
2. Write a note on economic reforms in China from 1980s onwards.
on factors determining China’s foreign policy.
B) MCQ: Answer the following in about 250 words each. 4x12
3. Write a note on the rise of nationalism in the late 19th and early 20th century Japan.
on the electoral system of Japan.
4. Trace the rise of the modernisation quest in Korea.
The disintegration of the Confucianised Monarchy.
5. What are the salient features of Singapore’s security and foreign policies? Elaborate.
Describe the administrative and social conditions of Malyasia.
6. Write a note on Soekarno’s concept of Directed Democracy.
Examine the role of military leadership in Thailand’s politics.
C) SCQ: Write short notes on the following in about 100 words each. 2x6
8. Inter –communal relations in South –East Asia
Authoritarian and military rule in East and South East Asia