EPS-15: SOUTH ASIA: ECONOMY, SOCIETY AND POLITICS
Course Code: EPS-15
Assignment Code: EPS-15/Asst/TMA/2017-18
Total Marks: 100
Answer questions in each category. Answer in your own words.
A) DCQ: Answer any two of the following in about 500 words each. 20x2
1) Describe the significant features of the two constitutions that Sri Lanka adopted in the 1970s.
2) Discuss the causes and features of the national liberation movement in Bangladesh.
3) Define human development bringing out its various dimensions. What is the status of South Asia in fulfilling the critical human choice of longevity?
4) Examine the various phases in the development of Pakistan’s economy under different regimes.
B) MCQ: Answer any four of the following in about 250 words each 12x4
5) Describe the basic orientations of major political parties in Sri Lanka.
6) What are the problems confronting SAARC in realizing its objectives?
7) Write a note on the liberalisation and Structural Adjustment Programmes in Sri Lanka.
8) Threat perception against India has been the landmark of Pakistan’s foreign policy. Comment
9) What is Ranacracy? What factors contributed to its demise in Nepal?
10) India has been a reformist and middle of the road power. Comment
11) What is Import Substitution Strategy? In what way did it begin to hurt India’s competitiveness?
12) How is environmental degradation a non-traditional and human security threat?
C) SCQ: Write a short note on any two of the following in about 50 words each 6x2
i) Washington Consensus
ii) Consociational model of pluralism
iii) Features of the Maldivian economy
ix) Ethnic profile of Bhutan.