EPS-11: POLITICAL IDEAS AND IDEOLOGIES
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: EPS –11
Assignment Code: Asst /TMA /2017-18
Total Marks: 100
Answer all questions. Try to answer in your own words.
A) DCQ: Answer the following in about 500 words each. 2x20
- Compare the term political theory with other inter –related terms.
Write an essay on the revival of political theory.
2. Discuss the philosophical approach to studying politics.
What is the empirical conception of political theory? Elaborate.
B) MCQ: Answer the following in about 250 words each. 4x12
3. Discuss the Gandhian theory of state.
The characteristic features of civil society.
4. Distinguish between legal and political sovereignty.
Examine the issue of location of sovereignty.
5. Distinguish between power and related terms.
Discuss Jeurgen Habermas’ views on the legitimation crisis.
6. Write a note on the Marxist critique of liberal citizenship
on the relationship between equality and liberty.
C) SCQ: Write a note on the following in about 100 words each. 2x6
7. Direct Democracy
Different views on Representative Democracy