Course Code: EHI-03
Assignment Code: EHI-03/ASST/TMA/2017-18
Total Marks: 100
Note: All questions are compulsory. Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words.
- What were the guilds? Examine the organization and functions of Ayyavole and Maninagram. 20
Give a detailed account of the expansion of Delhi Sultanate under the Khaljis.
- Trace the development of Iqta system under the Delhi Sultans. 20
Analyse the growth of Bhakti Movement in medieval period.
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words.
- Who were Samantas? What role did they play in the politics of 8th to 12th century?
Critically examine the formation and consolidation of lineage power in the Deccan.
- Write a brief note on emergence of new social ethos in the early medieval period. 12
Discuss in brief the factors responsible for the Turkish conquest of India.
- Discuss the nature of conflict between the nobility and the Delhi Sultans. 12
Critically analyse the role of religion and religious classes in the Vijaynagar Empire.
- Discuss with examples the salient features of architecture during the Sultanate period. 12
Write a short note on the growth of music during the Sultanate period.
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
- Write short notes on any two of the following: 6 + 6
- Sharqis of Jaunpur
- Afaqis and Dakhanis