COURSE: GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS IN INDIA (BPSE-212/EPS-12)
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT (TMA)
Course Code: BPSE-212/EPS-12
Assignment Code: Asst/TMA/2017-18
Answer questions in each category. Write the answers in your own words.
A) DCQ: Answer any two of the following in about 500 words each.20x2
- Define colonialism and discuss its developmental impact on Indian political economy.
2. Critically examine the nexus between bureaucrats, politicians and businessmen.
3. Discuss the characteristics of dalit movement in India during the 1970s-1980s.
4. Explain the nature of relationship between caste and class in India.
B) MCQ: Answer any four of the following in about 250 words each. 12x4
5. Explain the characteristics of dominant party system in India.
6. Discuss the nature of coalition politics in India.
7. Identify the challenges to the unity of women’s movement in India.
8. Explain the special provisions for Jammu and Kashmir in the Constitution of India.
9. Discuss the major differences between the Fundamental Rights and the Directive Principles of State Policy.
10. Discuss the causes of the rise of new social classes in India.
11. Discuss the role of caste in Indian politics.
12. Examine the notion of judicial review in India.
C) SCQ: Write short notes on any two of the following in about 50 words each.6x2
13. Collective Responsibility
14. Meaning of social movement
15. The Constituent Assembly
16. Meaning of liberalisation