INDIAN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: ISSUES AND PERSPECTIVES
Programme Code: BDP
Course Code: BECE-002
Assignment Code: BECE-002/AST/TMA/2017-18
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer all the questions
A. Long Answer Questions (word limit-500 words) 2x20=40 marks
- Bring out the linkage between a good transport system and efficiency.
- Why did classical economists consider trade as the ‘engine of growth’? What is the counter-view projected to this?
B. Medium Answer Questions (word limit-250 words) 4X12=48 marks
- Write a note on the ancient Indian thoughts on development contrasting it with the modern notions of development.
- What is ‘Venture Capital’? What role do you think venture capital has in economic development?
- Discuss the major factors influencing the foreign investment flows into a country.
6.Explain briefly the risks of high fiscal deficit.
C. Short Answer Questions (word limit 100 words) 2x6=12 marks
- Indicate the meaning and importance of Work Force Participation Rate.
- Write a note on the limitations of WTO.