EHI-06: History of China and Japan, 1840-1949
- Analyse the factors that led to the self-strengthening movement in China. Discuss the main features of the movement.
Explain the socio-political conditions of China leading to the emergence of Marxism.
How would you explain the success of communism in China?
- Discuss the factors that contributed towards the decline of Tokugawa rule in Japan.
Analyse the factors that helped Japan to embark on the path of rapid economic development after World War II.
- Analyse the nature and impact of Taiping Rebellion.
Write a note on the Boxer Uprising.
- Discuss the emergence of the Chinese bourgeoisie as a social force.
Analyse the factors that contributed to the rise of nationalism in China.
- Write a note on the Meiji Restoration in Japan.
Trace the development of Buddhism in Japan.
. 6. Why did the political parties fail in Japan?
Explain the various ideologies behind the expansionist policy of Japan.
- Write short notes on any two of the following:
- i) Religion in Classical China
- ii) Manchukuo
iii) Korean Question
- iv) Japanese Constitution.
Ans: ii) Manchukuo:
Ans : iv) Japanese Constitution