Fundamentals of Refining
- What are special features of refinery industry in India?
- How can Indian refineries meet the increasing demand for petroleum products?
- Draw a schematic flow diagram of a typical crude oil distillation unit as used in petroleum crude oil refineries.
- What is Crude Assay?
- Describe the different characteristics of crudes dealt with in this unit, their significance and typical values/units of measurement.
- How do you classify crudes based on proportion of type of hydrocarbon present in them?
- What streams of Process Plants in a Refinery are utilised to produce HSD, MS, LPG and PC Naphtha?
- Explain briefly in your own words:
?? The function of each process plant
?? Feed composition
?? Yield pattern.
?? Critical parameters for optimal operation
- Critically analyse the case.
Question No: 1
Hydrogen gas produced is purified by ……………method.
Question No: 2
If sulphur is …………..ppm, then single stage pre-treatment is adopted.
Question No: 3
Which of the following is not the feature of sulphur plant?
- Maximum carbon recovery level of 98.7%
- Turndown capability 25%
- Ammonia destruction capability
- Minimum sulphur recovery level of 98.7%
Question No: 4
Toluene column bottoms and ………….isomerates from Isomar section are fed to the xylene fractionation column.
Question No: 5
Crude oil is received in land locked refineries through crude pipelines from the …………….source.
Question No: 6
The circulating amine is ……………. MDEA solution.
Question No: 7
India imports almost …………..of its crude oil requirement.
Question No: 8
The products movement of the refinery gets adversely affected due to failure/breakdown of ……………system.
Question No: 9
What is the full form of RFCC?
- Residue Fluid Catalytic Cracking
- Research Flow Cytometry Core
- Redstone Flux Control Center
- Regional Flood and Coastal Committee
Question No: 10
Super Oil Cracking (SOC) of heavy distillates to get ……………. conversion to distillates.
Question No: 11
……………..resin is transferred from reactor to product receiver using dense phase conveying system.
- Vent Recovery
Question No: 12
In dispatch modes of petroleum products, maximum dispatch takes place through pipelines is …………
Question No: 13
Which of the following is not the component of Modelling and Simulation?
- Operator training
- Reactor design
- Trouble shooting
Question No: 14
Which of the following is not related to Small and medium refineries?
- Microcrystalline wax production
- Needle coke production
- Anode grade coke
- Lubes and fuel integration
Question No: 15
Which cost includes expenses such as travelling, printing, insurance and other related overhead expenditure?
- General administrative
Question No: 16
Which of the following is not the inclusive of the cost of crude oil?
- Wharf age
- Customs duty
Question No: 17
Which cost includes depreciation on plant and machinery?
- General administrative
Question No: 18
Feed is heated to ……………. in convection section of the furnace before it enters the bottom section of fractionator column.
Question No: 19
Fresh water is used in ………….plant before utilising in boilers for steam generation.
Question No: 20
Which gas is used for catalyst regeneration, blanketing tanks from atmospheric oxygen?
Question No: 21
……………..is generated in Hydrogen plant or catalytic reformer unit.
Question No: 22
…………………for a refinery begins early in the development and design stage with the establishment of a set of energy saving guidelines applicable to the project.
- Energy optimisation
- Value addition strategies
- Catalytic Reforming
Question No: 23
Which of the following is not the area in improvement of Refining?
- Delayed coking
Question No: 24
Which cost is related to the manpower deployed?
Question No: 25
The ……………..is the difference between gross margin and operating cost.
- Operating cost
- Gross margin
- Net margin
Question No: 26
Which of the following is not related to hydrogen production plant?
- Refinery fuel gas
- Saturated Ethane
- Light Naphtha
- Natural gas
Question No: 27
………….is absorbed in ZnO bed.
Question No: 28
……………from LPG is removed by extraction with regenerated lean Amine in Amine Treating Unit.
Question No: 29
Which of the following is not related to the Quality related units?
- Tail gas treatment
- Fuel oil HDS
- Facilities for benzene management
Question No: 30
Which of the following is not related to refinery of 21st century?
- Computerised performance monitoring
- Possible employment of robots
- Increase of ‘S’ (sulphur) from MS, HSD and FO
- Plant/equipment should require less space
Question No: 31
Which of the following is not related to environment management related units?
- Co-production of value added fertilizer
- High efficiency SRUs
- Bottom of the barrel upgradation related unit
- Computerised integrated refinery
Question No: 32
Average fuel loss in the refineries in India during 2000–01 was ……………which is higher compared to global levels.
Question No: 33
Which of the following function is not related to Value addition?
- Better quality and increased lube oil production
- Petrochemicals production
- Speciality chemicals production
- Production of better quality products
Question No: 34
Mobil Distillate Dewaxing (MDDW) to upgrade heavy fuel oil to high quality distillate and gas yield of ……………….
Question No: 35
Which of the following is not related to Real losses?
- Automatic tank gauging
- Automating road/rail dispatch facilities
- Routing of offgases from vacuum column to furnaces
- Minimising slop generation
Question No: 36
…………….. cost is incurred in various mechanical, electrical and civil jobs carried out for the maintenance of plant and machinery.
Question No: 37
……………..is used either directly in the refining process or to generate power and utilities to be used in the refining process.
Question No: 38
Ex-bonding of crude is related to which function of Oil Accounting System?
- Despatch of Finished Petroleum Products
- Accounting of Manufactured Petroleum products
- Accounting of Crude Oil Receipts and Duty Implications
- Compliance of Excise Procedure and Maintenance of Records
Question No: 39
What is the full form of DSA?
- Daily Stock Account
- Division Support Area
- Database Security Analyst
- Deploy, Secure and Analyse
Question No: 40
Indigenous crude oil is sourced from offshore oilfields of……………….
Solve by www.solvezone.in contact for more detail - 8882309876