Information Technology for Managers (EDL 103) - Semester I
The information of MIS comes from the?
- Both internal and external source
- None of these
13-GDSS is the short form of
- Group Decision Support System
- Group Discussion Support System
- Group Decision Service System
- Group Discussion Support Source
In management information system which is the correct order of the reference of activities that the manager processes?
- "Planning, organizing, staffing, coordinating, directing, controlling"
- "Planning, staffing, coordinating, organizing, directing, controlling"
- "Planning, organizing, staffing, coordinating, controlling, directing"
- "Planning, directing, organizing, staffing, coordinating, controlling"
The most important reason for failure of MIS is?
- Use of improper tools for design
- non involvement of end user
- improper specification
- none of the above
"Assembling a product, identifying customers and hiring employees are : "
- Business Processes
- Business Functions
The expert system uses ____________ to select the most appropriate response
- decision support system
- knowledge base
- data source
_______ were the original type of information system developed to support managerial decision making. An MIS produces information.
- Management information systems
- decision support system
- Management Tracking Systems
- Strategic Information System
"Which of the following individuals typically have less formal, advanced educational degrees and tend to process rather than create information?"
- Knowledge workers
- System analysts
- Data workers
The accounting system is ______ whereas the demand forecasting system is _______.
- "deterministic, probabilistic "
- "probabilistic, deterministic "
- "open, close"
- "close, open "
Which one of the following is not a business driver for an information system?
- business process redesign
- knowledge asset management
- proliferation of networks and the Internet
- collaboration and partnership
"Type of accounting which measures, reports and analysis non-financial and financial information to help in decision making is called"
- financial accounting
- management accounting
- cost accounting
- decision accounting
Which of the following is/are the key features of organization
- Social invention
- Accomplishing goals
- Group efforts
- All of these
______are social inventions for accomplishing goals through group efforts
_____is a relatively permanent change in behaviour that occurs as a result of experience
- Behaviour modification
Tracking employee training, skills, and performance appraisal is an example of a human resource information system operating at the?
- Operational level
- Management level
- Knowledge level
- Strategic level
QUESTION 1 How do different systems serve the various levels of management in a business?
QUESTION 2 Describe how the information systems function supports a business.