Q1. What are INCO terms? Explain all INCO terms indicating the responsibility of the buyer and seller at various stages of the export cycle.
Q2. Examine the steps involved in processing of an export order.
Q3. Examine the steps involved in Custom Clearance of Export Cargo.
Q4. Discuss various methods that are used for making payment in International Trade
Q5. What are the features of Export Processing Zones / Special Economic Zones? How are they helpful in promoting export from India?
Q6. What is EPCG scheme? What are the main provisions in the scheme? How has the scheme helped in promoting export from our country?
Q7. Describe various principal and auxiliary documents used in International trade.
Q8. Write short notes on any three of the following.
a) Bill of lading
d) Types of Shipping Bill
e) Role of Clearing and Forwarding Agent
You are an exporter of Gold and Diamond Jewellery in India. Approximately 85% of your product is sold in the domestic market and 15% is being exported. You are not availing any kind of incentive for your exports.
Now you want to upgrade your production facility and also wish to avail the incentives given to the exporter under FTP.
1 Prepare a feasibility report to make your products more competitive in the export market by ava
iling the provisions in the Foreign Trade Policy
1. Special Economic Zones were created to—
A Boost manufacturing, Augment exports & Generate employment
B Promote production for consumption in the domestic market
C Promote import into the country
D Promote imports from some special zones
2. Under Advance License goods imported cannot be used in the unit of –
A License Holder
C Supporting manufacturer
D All of above
3. Which of the following is not a major function of Export Promotion Council (EPC)?
A Provide commercial information
B Organize trade fairs, exhibitions
C Promote interaction between trade and Government Determine Import duty
D Provide preshipment finance
4. The WTO Agreement on agriculture provides for—
A Reduction of domestic subsidies.
B Reduction in expert subsidies
C Binding to provide market access
D All of above
5. According to the Foreign Trade Policy of 2009-2014 Advance Authorizations necessitate exports with a minimum value addition of—
A 15 %
6. Sale by EOU to SEZ units is treated as—
- Physical Export
- Deemed Export
7. Which of the following is not a duty exemption / remission scheme?
- Advance Authorization
- Duty Drawback
8. Foreign Trade Policy aims to act as an effective instrument of economic growth by giving thrust to –
- Enhance Trade
- Employment Generation
9. Special Economic Zones will locate in areas which will be technically treated as –
- Foreign Territory for applicability of domestic legislations
- Financially independent
- Custom Bonded Warehouse
10. What does FOB stand for?
- free on board
- for billing
- free original barbecue
- for on board
11. Free Alongside Ship (FAS) means --
- The goods have to be delivered by sailboat.
- The seller has to pay for the transport until the goods are being unloaded at the port of destination
- The goods don´t belong to anybody as long as they are alongside the ship.
- The buyer is responsible for the transportation of his goods as soon as they are being loaded aboard.
12. Which terms apply to DDP?
- The seller pays all costs, including customs duty.
- The seller pays all the costs and bears the risk until the goods have been delivered on his side of the border
- The buyer has to cover all the costs, including marine insurance and customs duty.
- The seller pays insurance and transport costs up to the port of destination
13. Match the definition with the INCO terms.
14. Which terms are cheapest for the seller?
15. Which of the following statement about EXW is true?
- The buyer pays transport costs from the seller´s premises on
- The seller makes the goods available at his premises.
- The buyer makes the goods available at his premises.
- The seller pays the transport costs up to the port of shipment
16. Which of the following is a regulatory Document?
- Packing List
- Shipping Instructions
- Insurance Declaration
- GR Form
17. In case of payment through open account, payment is made—
- on delivery of goods
- In advance before delivery of goods
- At a future date
- Through barter system
18.When payment is made through Letter of credit—
- Exporter has minimum risk
- Exporter has maximum risk
- Importer has minimum risk
- Importer has maximum risk
19.In case of payment under D/A, goods are delivered—
- Before payment is made
- After payment is made
- On maturity of draft
- None of above
20.Which of the following document is issued by the Mate Chief Officer of the ship to acknowledge the loading of cargo on the ship?
- Mate’s Receipt
- Shipping Instruction
- Shipping Order
- Shipping Advice
21.As per the provisions in the Foreign Trade Policy of India, Minimum size of the SEZ shall not be less than 1000 hectares accept—
- Existing EPZs converted into SEZs
- Product specific SEZs
- Port/Airport based SEZs, on a case to case basis
- SEZ set up by state government
22.Unless otherwise specified in a Letter of Credit which is issued subject to UCPDC 500 and also UCPDC 600, documents must be presented for negotiation within ------ days from the date of shipment.
- 10 days
23.Which of the following is not true regarding an AWB?
- It is prima facie evidence of receipt of cargo.
- It is a document of title to goods.
- The date of dispatch indicated on the AWB will be deemed to be the date of shipment
- AWB serves as an instruction sheet giving all the instruction needed for moving the goods
24.Premier Trading House should have minimum export performance of Rs.________.
- 10000 Crs
- 7500 Crs
- 5000 Crs
- 9000 Crs
25.Under Market Development Assistance Government does not provide
- Expenses for participation in trade fairs abroad
- Expenses for participation in buyer /sellers meet
- Foreign travel
- Importing Capital Goods
26.Vitamin –A as a drug can be canalized through--.
28.Exports and Imports come under the purview of—
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Commerce
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
29.Export Promotion Capital Goods scheme helps in promoting through—
- Import of Capital Goods
- Import of raw material
- Participation in trade fairs
- Export of capital goods
30.Objective of DEPB is to –
- Allow duty free import of inputs which are physically incorporated in export product
- Neutralize incidence of customs duty on import content of export product
- Provide assistance to states for export promotion activities
- Control dumping in the India
31.Tripur in Tamil Nadu is Town of Export Excellence for—
- Hosiery Products
- Sea food
- Coir Products
32.Main objective of Served from India Scheme is to promote export of—
33.Objective of VKGUY is to promote exports of—
- Engineering Products
- Minor Forest Produce and their value added variants
- Chemical Products
- Marine Products
34.DGFT helps in promoting export from India by--
- Implementing the Foreign Trade Policy/Exim Policy
- Collects foreign Trade statistics
- Issues licenses to exporters and monitors their corresponding obligations
- Facilitating exporters in regard to developments in international trade i.e. WTO agreements, Rules of Origin and SPS requirements, anti-dumping issues, etc
35.Pro forma invoice describes—
- the type and quantity of the goods to be shipped
- value of the goods
- total cost of the transaction based on the terms of sale
- details that are required for negotiation / collection of the shipping documents
36.Consular Invoice is—
- verified by Embassy
- Prepared as per the format of the customs authority of the importing country
- Prepared in consultation with the bank
- Prepared for the Ministry of commerce
37.An EOU may opt out of the scheme with approval of –
- Development Commissioner
- Commerce Minister
- Directorate General of Foreign Trade
- Governor, RBI
38.Market Development Assistance is given to Exporters having annual Export turnover up to Rs.________.
- 5 Crs
- 15 Crs
- 25 Crs
39.A whole range of activities that can be funded under MAI scheme includes—
- Setting up of showroom / warehouse
- Sales promotion campaigns
- Import of capital goods
- International departmental stores
40.To encourage State Governments to participate in promoting exports financial assistance is administered by Department of Commerce (DoC) to—
- Developing infrastructure such as roads connecting production centres with ports,
- Facilitate import from China
- Setting up of Inland Container Depots (ICD) and Freight Stations (CFS),
- Creation of new State level export promotion industrial / zones,